Since Tank DLC came out, i experience various crash, more frequently in 64 bit, but happen also in 32 bit.
After a while, searching different angle to solution this (redl addons, uninstall arma3 and re-dl it through steam, check my memory (windows memory and memtest, using only one of my ram(s) slot, swaping them around, perform a crystal dicks on my SSDs), trying all différent launcher option (64 bit, 32 bit, different malloc, windowed, different profiles, ...)) I ending up to think that the add on cause my game to crash.
So today i created a very simple mission, from arma 3 wanilla with no mod : on Altis i add an blufor officer, attach Zeus module to it.
Then in 64 bit :
- on vanilla, play the mission, go to Zeus, create a lot of vanilla tank (Copy paste tank platoons several time) until i fulfill my memory : game is very lag (as expected) but don't crash.
- Then I downloaded all 3 CUP addons from workshop, launch arma 3 with those mod, play my mission, and as Zeus I add a lot of M60E3 from the mod then the game end up crashing every time (mainly within the first minute).
- Maybe you don't care, but I tested also with RHSAFRF addon and launch arma 3 with this mod, play my mission, and as Zeus I add a lot of different armored vehicules (T-72 mod 1984 platton) and the game crash also.
Step to reproduce :
0) launch the game with only CUP addon (vehicule, weapon and Unit)
- Use my simple mission, or create it as described
- in the mission toggle to Zeus ([Y])
- Add a tank M60E3
- select it, and start to spam Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V around to pop a lot of tanks, when you ahve 50-100+ tanks you can try make enemy tank too.
- Crash to Desktop
The reason i use this procedure is to make it crash sooner, but in real mission using addon i crash also but latter (5 minute to 1hour latter).